Saturday, October 10, 2009

man, imma smoooooooooooth criminal

i was too tired to write about my adventures yesterday so, here we go.



i FINALLY got my stinkin car back!!!!!!! for probably going on 3 weeks, maybe a month, she has been causing all kinds of mischief. when i say "she", of course, i mean my car, Lady Marmalade, or Lady M for short. it has taken so long just to figure out what the crap was wrong with her! eventually we figured out that it was the security system and only the dealership can fix that. greeeeeeeeeat. lucky for me i have the best daddy in the world who took care of it for me. :) so yea i got it back yesterday around 5pm. and then alyssa (she's the 14 year old in the family i'm mstaying with) rode with me to winn dixie to get drinks and dessert for angie (host mom)'s sound meeting for church. she gave us ten bucks and when we got there, we had all kinds of chaos with the self checkout. i will NEVER. EVER. go to a self check out there again. so some lady rung us up and apparently charged us too much so i thought we could only get 2 2-liter cokes. i prob should've thought it was a little fishy that 2 drinks cost 7 bucks??? but when you're stuck in leannaworld, its hard to get out and notice anything. i do good to put one foot in front of the other. so i ended up going to winn dixie 3 times before we got everything settled and everything we needed. WHEW. i know everyone's name in there now, so that's convenient at least.

and then i decided to head to my dad's house in wetumpka to get my laptop that my brother in law had so lovingly fixed for me. he removed all the std's that were on it and put anti virus protection on it. so alyssa decided to ride with me there, too. we were jammin out to some black gospel on the radio and said, "how funny would it be to get pulled over and we've got this awesome music blarin out the radio?!" ... you know that scripture that says to be careful what you say because your tongue holds the power of life and death?? yea....
about 5 minutes later, i saw blue lights behind me. crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap.
i pulled over, very bemused. i had my seatbelt on, i wasn't speeding... at that time. i was a little ways back, so i figured he must've been followin me for a hot minute and jsut now decided to pull me over. he walked up, asked for my license. i don't have it. i don't know where the crap it is. he was like, "well, ya KNOW you have to have that, to drive!!"
"yes, sir.. i don't have my whole entire purse! (not a lie) it's at my friend's house!"
"*sighhhhhhhhhh*........ do you know your license number?"
"yes,sir it's blahblahblah and i think i have an insurance card in here!"
"you look for it while i go run this number. by the way, do you know why i pulled you over?"
"no, sir."
"because your lights were off when i passed you on the road."
.....i look at my dash, and the button is lit up that tells me my headlights are ON. and i was pretty sure they had been since i got into the car and pushed that button...
he said, "yea, i know. they're on now. it's weird but when i passed you, they were off."
..hmmm...
i pull out the card out of the glove box. it's 8 days expired. awesome. especially since i already knew what he was about to say...
"maam!! how LONG has your license been EXPIRED?!"
"i'm sorry! i've just been tryin to get the money to do it!"
"it costs 25 dollars to get a new license! you spend that ridin around in a week on gas!"
"I ONLY WORK ONE DAY A WEEK!.. here's my insurance card..."
"THIS IS EXPIRED TOO!!!!!"
"i know!! i'm sorry!!!!!"
".......get a new license and keep your headlights on!"
THEN HE TURNED AROUND AND WALKED AWAY!!

i started yellin my thank yous to god!! i mean, he could've got me for 1. no headlights (which was baloney- yes, i knwo i spelled that wrong, but i like to spell it the way i say it. get off me) 2. no license 3. expired license 4. expired insurance card.

and i got off with a verbal warning. now that's favor from god right there!!!!!!!!!!!! ah cha cha

No comments:

Post a Comment